It can be challenging to process and manage changes to routines and the uncertainty that comes with COVID-19 and related restrictions – including the return to on site learning.
To support our school community during this time, resources and support are available for parents, carers and families. These resources will help to support the mental health and wellbeing of our students and the young people in our care during this time.
I encourage everyone in our community to access these resources and take care of themselves during this time.
Services and support for students and their families
A Quick Guide to Student Mental Health and Wellbeing resources is available for students, parents and carers looking to access expert guidance and resources to support wellbeing.
For students, the guide includes resources to support their own mental health and wellbeing.
- Advice and resources for students about ways to adapt their learning during coronavirus, to look after themselves and where to get help.
- Wellbeing activities featuring AFL and AFLW players with tips on managing stress, staying active and gratitude.
- Kick it with Victory physical activities with Melbourne Victory Football Club.
- Smiling Mind mindfulness activities for senior secondary school students, including short videos, online tip sheets and meditations.
The guide also includes resources and supports for parents and carers to help them build their child’s physical and mental health and wellbeing. This includes:
- wellbeing activities and conversation starters
- Raising Learners podcast series
- how to talk to your child about COVID-19.
Wellbeing guidance for parents and carers is also available on the Department’s website, or through the confidential parent support hotline, Parentline, available 8am to midnight, seven days a week. Phone: 13 22 89.
Headspace has also developed supporting messages for students and parents and carers, providing advice, guidance and ideas to ensure that everyone’s wellbeing is looked after during this time. A message to students.docxA message to parents carers.docx
The usual ongoing wellbeing support and advice is available for students, parents and carers. The Wellbeing Team can be contacted via the email email@example.com and parents and carers can also contact the team on the College phone number – 9580 1184.
Director Student Wellbeing