Dear Families, Students and Community Members,
It was most pleasing to hear today that some of the current lockdown restrictions will end on Thursday night. As previously communicated in the newsletter as well as in my email to parents and students last Thursday, we will be having a pupil free day on Friday 11 June, for report writing and planning for the start of Semester 2. We look forward to welcoming all students back onsite from Tuesday 15 June for the start of Semester 2 classes.I will email all parents and students via Compass our return to onsite learning guide once the Department of Education and Training has released the up to date School Operations guide to Principals.
It was unfortunate that we have had to continue with remote learning for our Years 7-10 students and understandably this has caused some concern and anxiety. However, from all reports, students have been engaging well in our remote learning program and, given our previous success in this space last year, we have great confidence that we can meet the needs of our students during this short period. It highlights the need for everyone to be so adaptable and flexible again this year and be prepared for quick transitions in and out of remote learning for short periods of time, and our students need to be ready for this as well. Our learning program continues whether onsite or offsite.
Meanwhile our Year 11 and 12 VCE students and Year 12 VCAL students are very happy to be onsite and have settled back well into the expected COVID safe behaviours for all of our students, including:
- Wearing facemasks inside and outside, and when commuting to and from school
- Social distancing to the best of their ability, and not congregating around the locker areas
- Remaining in their allocated areas for recess and lunch
- Staying home when unwell
- Washing hands regularly and using the hand sanitiser stations around the school
- No sharing of drink bottles or food or equipment
- Practising good cough and sneeze etiquette. Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm/elbow or a tissue. Make sure you completely cover your mouth and nose; and move away from other people before coughing or sneezing
- Extra cleaning is in place for high touch areas and the classrooms and staff offices being used