I would like to congratulate all our 2020 Year 12 students on achieving outstanding Year 12 VCE and VCAL results after such an extraordinary and most challenging year. Some of the highlights of our Year 12 VCE achievements include:
- 11% of our Year 12 students achieved ATARs over 90, and 13% over 80, thus close to a quarter scoring over 80
- 7.7% of study scores were in the 40s,
- with a median study score of 30 (we were only 6 study scores away from a median of 31).
Congratulations to our three top VCE students who were in the top 1% & 2% of the state of Victoria:
- David Le achieved a perfect ATAR score of 99.95 and was awarded College Dux for 2020. David is only one of 38 students across Victoria to score a perfect ATAR score – an absolutely incredible achievement! David also achieved two perfect study scores of 50 in Chemistry and Business Management. David will be studying Biomedicine at Melbourne University
- Jasmine Ristevski with an ATAR of 99.8 and a perfect study score of 50 in Psychology. Jasmine will be studying Engineering (Honours) and Science at Monash University; and
- Kijana Pauline with an ATAR of 98 and a perfect study score of 50 in English. Kijana will be studying Biomedical Science at Monash University.
- Other students scoring in the 90s included: in the top 3% of the state – Noreigh Zuniga achieved an ATAR of 97.85 and will be studying Science at Melbourne University and Callum Roberts achieved an ATAR of 97.15 and will also be studying Science at Melbourne University; in the top 4% of the state – Liam Cox achieved an ATAR of 96.5 and will be studying Commerce at Melbourne University; in the top 5 % of the state Ava Collison achieved an ATAR of 95.5 and will be studying Science at Melbourne University; in the top 7% of the state Hanna Biaroza achieved an ATAR of 93.8 and will be studying Radiation Sciences at Monash University and Dylan Brown achieved an ATAR of 93.75 and will be studying Commerce/Computer Science at Monash University; and in the top 10% of the state Jack Crowe achieved an ATAR of 90.45 and will be studying Media at RMIT and William Lhuede-O’Mara achieved an ATAR of 90 and has been accepted into the Defence Force in NSW.
In addition, congratulations to all our Year 12 VCAL students for completing all course requirements and receiving offers to complete diplomas, traineeships and apprenticeships.
This is a truly outstanding set of results and a credit to all staff and students who have worked so hard to achieve so much, not only last year but over the course of the six year journey for these students.
While we celebrate individual student success stories, it is important to remind everyone that your final ATAR score does not define you as a person. In the end it is a rank for tertiary admission. It won’t necessarily determine where you will go in the future or how happy you will be. All students should feel proud of their efforts and be satisfied that they have given their personal best.
Ms. Michelle Roberts