For students seeking an employment pathway, we provide a variety of industry-focused programs in VCAL.
The wide choice of VET programs leads to work-based training, university or employment.
Careers Education (also known as Pathways and Transitions) is embraced and valued at Mordialloc College.
Pathways and Transitions
The Pathways and Transition programs offered at Mordialloc College include:
- a Careers Event for all Year 10 students which includes: Career Interest Inventory; Preparation for Year 11 Subject Selection; Employability Skills; Career Exploration; and Preparation for Work Experience
- a Unit 1 VCE Industry and Enterprise course that is studied by all Year 10 students
- an Annual Career Expo
- individual counselling for all Year 12 students to prepare for post-school destinations
- individual counselling for subject selection for all Year 10 and Year 11 students
- individual counselling for careers and pathways available for students at all levels
- managed Individual Pathways for students
- Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS)
- compulsory Work Experience for Year 10 students
- tertiary and Industry excursions
- apprenticeship & traineeship Information sessions
- Creative Arts application and folio preparation workshops with Industry experts
- guest speakers (motivational, career-focused)
- structured Workplace Learning through VETiS programs.